Though I’m busy writing everyday I also love to take time to reflect on the powerful words of other writers, leaders, scholars, poets, and artists.
I always wonder about the souls who said these incredible things. I wonder if they had any idea they were leaving us such lasting wisdom, and that in some cases, centuries later, their words would be more powerful than ever.
- “Don’t let schooling interfere with your education.” —Mark Twain
- “Some people die at 25 and aren’t buried until 75.” —Benjamin Franklin
- “The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there.” —Rumi
- “When the people fear government there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty.” —Thomas Jefferson
- “Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else’s opinions. Their lives a mimicry. Their passions a quotation.” —Oscar Wilde
- “Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don’t.” —Bill Nye
- “A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.” —Oliver Wendell Holmes
- “If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said, ‘Faster horses’.” —Henry Ford
- “Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.” —W.B. Yeats
- “Opportunity is missed by people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” —Thomas Alva Edison
- “It has been said that a person may have ten years of experience, or one year of experience repeated ten times.” —Yukiso Yamamoto
- “When you realize how perfect everything is, you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky.” —Buddha
- “Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.” —Eleanor Roosevelt
- “I don’t know what frightens me more, the power that crushes us, or our endless ability to endure it.” —Gregory David Roberts
They transport me, each of them, to a different place, stirring some ancient knowledge within that too easily lies dormant. How old their souls must have been… how old is yours? Take the Official Animus Soul Age Test and find out!
And then tell me, what’s your favorite quote? Is it one of these or something else?
Tiffany Fitzhenry, author of THE OLDEST SOUL TRILOGY